IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA to us. The gift needs to be made payable to The Navigators.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to The Navigators to help further our mission.
- Please contact us to notify us of the gift, as some plan administrators do not always tell us who the gift is from.
- Please let us know if you wish for your gift to be designated for a specific purpose.
- We will send you an acknowledgment that we have received your gift within 2-3 weeks after receiving it.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.